This policy describes how Ai Software, LLC, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, doing business as Capacity, collects, uses, and shares personal information.
You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
Types of Information We Collect
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Account Information||We collect your name, username and email address when you have an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account-relating functionalities to our users. Account information is used to provide the Capacity platform and services and to calculate fees due to Capacity. Account information used to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Customer Information||We collect the name and contact information of our customers and their authorized users to whom we provide our services and platform.||We have a legitimate interest in contacting our customers and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as services and billing.|
|Cookies and Third Party Tracking||We participate in behavior-based advertising, which means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites, so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our website or on other websites.||We have a legitimate interest in engaging in behavior-based advertising.|
|Demographic Information||We collect personal information, such as your job function or location.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users, improving our services and providing tailored services.|
|Location Information||We may collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and distance from our offices and sales team members.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users, improving our services and providing tailored services. In some contexts, our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, collecting your Social Security Number and your eligibility to work; providing this information is required for employment. Similarly, we collect certain information related to independent contractors of the company. We engage third parties to conduct background checks.||We use information about current employees to perform our obligations related to your employment, or the anticipation of an employment relationship with you. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Capacity (Website)||When you use the Capacity demonstration on our website, we collect all the information you enter into the text input box. If Capacity cannot find an answer, we will collect your email in order to send you the answer at a later date.||We have a legitimate interest in demonstrating and developing our products and platform and/or services.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address and/or postal address.||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products, platform and/or services.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website.||We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Request a Demo||When you request a demo, we collect your name, email, job title and company, phone number, and country. If this will be an in-person demo, we will also collect your business address.||We have a legitimate interest in demonstrating our products, platform and/or services, and in following up afterwards.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We have a legitimate interest in operating the sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on or which information that you type into our online forms.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners or publicly available sources.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our website.
- To provide our platform, products and services.
- To improve our platform, services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purposes in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information after your transaction is complete as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions or continue to work with you in the future. In sum, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts such as upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Service Providers and Contractors. We may share information with service providers, contractors and other third parties that we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address, and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information, you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website or platform does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address described below.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. Typically, we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, we will delete your data after receiving such a request. However, we may keep all or part of your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- California Residents. California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are collected, “sold” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose”(as those terms are defined under California law). You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and login credentials confidential. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your accounts and devices, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your accounts by someone else that has obtained access, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries.As a company that is based in the United States, we transmit information across borders. As a result, your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent or different than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites.We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own, even those that interface with Capacity. Therefore, you should review the privacy policies of such other applications and websites to understand your rights.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Email Address: email@example.com
300 Hunter Ave. Suite 305
St. Louis, MO 63124
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Revised: August 21, 2019
Effective Date: August 21, 2019