Daunting as it might sound, building out a customer service support team starts with just a few questions. Think through the list below, and your customer support team will be overdelivering in no time:
- Define the mission. What ultimate purpose does your customer support team exist to serve?
- What skills and personality traits are best suited to deliver on said mission?
- What issues, both internal and external, is your team likely to face?
- What tools can you arm them with to respond to incoming problems?
- Which metrics will you monitor to determine your team’s wins and losses?